The most recent hotfix patch for Baldur’s Gate 3 has happy followers of a sure character within the sport.
His Majesty is an NPC cat who will be discovered within the sport’s Final Gentle Inn.
When the sport was launched, His Majesty was a Sphynx cat, a breed identified for its full lack of fur.
Nevertheless, it quickly emerged that this was a bug, and that His Majesty by chance had the identical character mannequin as one other Sphynx cat within the sport known as Steelclaw.
Developer Larian fastened the error in its third patch for the sport, with the patch notes studying: “Up to date the visuals of His Majesty, who beforehand regarded like Steelclaw. His Majesty’s look now befits his identify and nature.”
The patch gave His Majesty fur as was initially meant, however the change angered some gamers, who had grow to be accustomed to the cat’s hairless look.
Now, within the sport’s newest hotfix patch launched in the present day, Larian has bowed to fan stress and eliminated His Majesty’s fur once more.
“Hotfix #8 is now dwell for Baldur’s Gate 3,” the studio tweeted. “This replace addresses a number of crashes and points, together with your social gathering members transferring each vital merchandise to you upon dismissal. Extra importantly, we shaved His Majesty.”
To distinguish between His Majesty and Steelclaw, Larian has additionally modified the color of Steelclaw’s eyes so the 2 character fashions are not similar.
“Thanks for re-balding the cat,” Twitter follower Emma Kent mentioned.
“His Majesty is restored,” Luke Rogers added. “Most vital patch in gaming historical past.”
The complete patch notes for the newest hotfix are as follows:
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Hotfix 8 patch notes
- Companions will not switch story objects of their stock to the participant upon dismissal, restoring Patch 2 behaviour.
- Mounted response popups generally displaying no textual content descriptions of the reactions accessible.
- Mounted a multiplayer crash that may happen when listening to a dialogue after an lively roll.
- Eavesdrop will not set off when a personality is in any Character Creation session, corresponding to degree up or the magic mirror.
- Mounted a bug in Vulkan inflicting DEVICE_LOST crashes.
- Mounted a bug the place Skeletons created utilizing Animate Lifeless had been lacking their ranged weapons, regardless of specialising in them.
- Mounted a difficulty the place the Weapon Grasp Feat would present as incomplete if a participant was already proficient with all weapons.
- Mounted a crash when re-assigning characters in splitscreen.
- Mounted a visible problem with volumetric fog and supplies era.
- Mounted a difficulty with invalid savegames being created.
- Restored Raphael’s hair color and horns. The Home of Hope is as soon as once more fashion-forward.
- Mounted a difficulty the place Splint Armour for Githyanki Females triggered some unnecessarily psychedelic visible results.
- Shaved His Majesty, who’s as soon as once more a Sphynx. Steelclaw’s eye color has been adjusted so they’re not similar twins.
- Mounted Raphael’s portraits after restoring his hair color. Perhaps he’s born with it, perhaps it’s Avernus.
- Mounted Twitch drops not being claimable on PS5.
#Baldurs #Gate #developer #shaves #cat #participant #backlash #VGC