Chamber, some of the dominant brokers in VALORANT, is about to get hit with a sequence of nerfs. In Patch 5.12, the builders need to discover a stability between preserving Chamber’s “identification” and sustaining VALORANT’s “well being.”
He was launched in November 2021 and was one of many brokers who outlined the VALORANT meta in 2022. Riot Video games nerfed Chamber in early August after professional gamers mastered the French agent’s package, however these nerfs weren’t sufficient to stability Chamber, who has been oppressive to different brokers.
“The crew mentioned and examined a variety of methods to stability Chamber,” VALORANT’s agent designer Kevin Meier stated in a weblog put up right now. “The extra we iterated the extra it was obvious that his present mechanics had been shaping play house in an unhealthy approach, infringing on different agent identities, and breaking VALORANT’s core tactical cycle.”
Associated: All Chamber updates: Historical past of modifications made to Chamber in VALORANT
The brand new nerfs intention to sharpen Chamber’s identification as a “precision-focused” sentinel whereas considerably decreasing his affect by including extra counterplay for opponents, based on Meier.
All of Chamber’s skills have been reworked, together with his final Tour de Pressure. These modifications aren’t everlasting and Riot will hold an in depth eye on Chamber whereas gamers regulate to those coming updates. The builders are prepared to implement extra stability modifications in the event that they really feel they’re required.
VALORANT Patch 5.12 is predicted to hit the reside servers later this month. A launch date, nonetheless, has but to be confirmed for the modifications.
All Chamber nerfs coming to VALORANT in Patch 5.12
- Up to date Stability Curve
- Unfold elevated after second bullet when spamming. That is explicitly meant to cut back low-precision body-shot spam as an efficient fight measure.
- Chamber now locations a single anchor that may be teleported to whereas inside its vary.
- Radius elevated from 15 meters to 26 meters.
- Eliminated teleport activation peak restriction.
- You’ll be able to teleport to the Anchor whereas on totally different verticality as long as you’re inside its radius.
- Elevated weapon equip time after teleporting from 0.4 seconds to 0.7 seconds.
- Headhunter is unaffected by this variation.
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the rest of the spherical, as a substitute of being positioned on a cooldown.
- Chamber not incurs an extra cooldown when recalling his Anchor after teleporting.
- The entice is now vary restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber strikes out of vary, and reactivate as soon as he’s inside.
- Can now be recalled mid-round
- Doesn’t require line of sight.
- 30 seconds cooldown on recall.
- Destruction stays everlasting.
- Preliminary Arm Time elevated from two seconds to 4 seconds.
- Well being Elevated from one to twenty.
Tour De Pressure (X)
- Hearth charge decreased by 57.5 p.c.
- This is applicable to each Trademark and Tour De Pressure
- Decreased from 50 p.c to 40 p.c.
- Decreased length from six seconds to 4 seconds.
- Decreased measurement by 30 p.c.