Parents want

WORCESTER – A Worcester household says a 14-year-old died hours after participating within the “One Chip Problem.”

“I hope, I pray to God that no mother and father will undergo what I am going by means of,” stated Lois Wolobah. “I do not need to see anyone hurting the way in which I am hurting.”

Fourteen-year-old Harris Wolobah’s household has been so devastated, they have not been in a position to discuss it publicly, till now. They desperately need to get a warning out a few spicy tortilla chip they are saying he ate hours earlier than he died. “I miss my son a lot. I miss him a lot,” stated his mom.

Fourteen-year-old Harris Wolobah died hours after the “One Chip Problem” his household stated. 

CBS Boston

She stated she picked him up from Doherty Excessive Faculty in Worcester Friday after a name from the nurse’s workplace saying he had fainted after consuming the chip a good friend gave him. “Once I went there, he was laying down and I stated, ‘what was the chip you ate?’ And that is what he confirmed me,” stated his mom, holding up her cellphone with a picture of the Paqui model 2023 One Chip Problem. 

It is available in a field with a single wrapped chip, labeled “Carolina Reaper” and “Naga Viper Pepper.” His mom says he later handed out once more at house, went to the emergency room, and died.

“No pre-existing situation,” stated his father, Amos Wolobah. “To not my data.”

The household is ready for a explanation for demise from the Massachusetts Medical Examiner’s pending post-mortem. However they’re satisfied it was the chip that made their son sick. They are saying he was a wholesome basketball participant with no identified allergic reactions.

Paqui model 2023 One Chip Problem

CBS Boston

The chip is the topic of a social media problem the corporate seems to embrace in its promotional movies. On the again of the package deal there is a warning label. “Preserve out of attain of youngsters,” it says, amongst different issues. WBZ discovered the chips in a retailer about 10 minutes from Wolobah’s college.

In response to the Nationwide Capital Poison Middle, it “comprises capsaicin…consumption usually causes mouth and throat ache however may lead to extra severe well being issues together with coronary heart assault and esophageal injury.”

Harris Wolobah’s household is now begging for the chips to be taken off retailer cabinets. “We have been having sleepless nights,” stated his father. “He isn’t going to return again.”

WBZ reached out to the corporate Paqui and has not obtained a response.

The neighborhood has deliberate a basketball fundraiser at St. Bernard’s church in Worcester Saturday to assist pay for funeral bills. 

#Mother and father